Call for proposals/papers:
Honor has attracted an enormous amount of interest in recent decades from scholars working in a variety of disciplines. Yet this value, so treasured by mankind throughout time and space, has barely been explored by contemporary philosophers.
To help address this problem, the Philosophy department of the University of Minnesota-Morris invites submissions for the first conference on honor in analytic philosophy.
(Philosophy, Washington and Lee)
Honor For Us: A Philosophical Analysis, Interpretation and Defense
Topics relevant to honor and ethics might include:
- The nature of honor
- The moral/ethical status of honor
- Honor, insult, and violence
- Honor and sport and war
- Honor and emotions
- Honor killings
- Honor and gender
- Honor and liberalism, conservatism
- Conference Date: April 6, 2012
- Location: University of Minnesota-Morris
- Deadline for submissions: Jan 1, 2012
- Replies: Jan 15, 2012
- Abstracts (acceptable) must be no more than 750 words; papers (favored) no more than 4000 words.
- Direct questions and materials to Dan Demetriou